General Terms & Conditions
Please note these Terms and Conditions were updated on 27 April 2018.
2. Unless otherwise indicated, the Site and its contents are the property of UK Punjab Heritage Association (‘UKPHA’, also referred to in these Terms as ‘we’ and ‘us’), whose registered office is situated at 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS, UK. The copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the material contained on this Site (the ‘Content’) belongs to UKPHA or its licensors.
3. None of the Content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, stored (in any medium), made available to the public, shown or played in public, sold or distributed without the prior written permission of the copyright holder, except that you may download one copy of extracts from the Site on any single computer for personal, non-commercial, home use only, provided that all copyright and proprietary notices are kept intact. You are prohibited from modifying any of the Content or using any of the Content for any purpose other than as set out in these Terms (including, without limitation, on any other website or computer network). Requests to republish any of the Content and to use quotations or extracts from any book published by us should be addressed to UKPHA, 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS, UK, or sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. The trademarks appearing on this Site are protected by the laws of England and international trademark laws. All software used on the Site and all Content included on it (including, without limitation, Site design, text, graphics, audio and video, and the selection and arrangement of the Content) is the property of us or our suppliers and is protected by international copyright laws.
Links to third-party websites
5. This Site may have links to other Internet websites that are controlled and maintained by third parties. These websites may be operated by one of our divisions, associated or sister companies or organisations, or may display our name or brand or refer to us in some way. These links are included solely for your convenience and do not constitute any endorsement by us of the websites linked or referred to. We have no control over the content of any such websites, or links from them to other websites.
6. This Site and its Content is provided for use ‘as is’ and is provided in good faith. In no event shall UKPHA or its employees, agents, suppliers or contractors be liable for any damages of any nature, including without limitation any consequential loss, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, claims of third parties, or any other loss, cost, claim or expense of any kind or character arising out of or in connection with the use of this Site, its Content or any website with which it is linked.
7. We hereby exclude all warranties and representations to the extent permitted by law. We give no guarantee that the activities and offers made available on this Site will always function as intended or that this Site will be free from infection by viruses or anything else that may be harmful or destructive.
Changes to these conditions of use
8. We reserve the right to add or change these Terms where relevant, and agree to ensure that a note of the date and clause number of any such amendments will be included as part of these Terms. Any changes will be posted to the Site and it is your responsibility to ensure, from time to time, that you are aware of any such changes. Changes will become effective 24 hours after first posting and you will be deemed to have accepted any change if you continue to access the Site after that time.
9. If any of these Terms is held by a court of law in any territory to be invalid, illegal or otherwise unenforceable, then, to the extent that it is held to be so, and with regard to the relevant territory only, that provision shall be severed and deleted from these Terms, provided that the remaining provisions of these Terms shall remain binding and enforceable and the severed provision shall also remain so in all other territories.
10. These Terms shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law, and any disputes that may arise under or in relation to these Terms shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Associated policies and rules
11. The following policies and rules form part of these Terms and by your use of this Site you are regarded as having accepted them: